Thursday, August 29, 2013

Grade 4!

Happy Thursday everyone, tomorrow begins a long weekend for most - I hope everyone has a great Labour Day Weekend!

I've been busy in my craft room getting ready for some Christmas classes , but also took a little time to play along in a few challenges.

The first was a sketch challenge from The Paper Players .  I wanted to make a card for someone going back to school, so this sketch came in handy.



I used the Chevron embossing folder with Pool Party Core'dinations cardstock in keeping with the theme over at Catherine and Cathy Create coming up on Sept. 1st.  The card base is Tangerine Tango, and the accents are This and That Washi Tape.  The Stamp Set is retired, but one I can't give up, called Take A Spin.   I printed the words with the new Chalk Marker.  Quick and easy!


7 comments:

  1. AAhhh! This is adorable! I'm in love with that spinner and those color are awesome! Super cool card, Tiz :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! A fourth grader will love the spinner! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think we had that spinner stamp long enough to really appreciate it--it's so cute! Perfect for a new fourth grader. Great use of the sketch...thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea to use the spinner for a back to school card, just perfect! It's fun to see you use the chalk marker, too. I haven't unwrapped mine yet! Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Players, Tiz!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you have any tricks to make the spinner spin? I can never make mine spin. Do you use extra washers, or just one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Audrey, one thing to make sure is not to press down the prongs of the brad too tightly. Also, I always make sure the image is popped up on dimensionals to give room in the back. I have never had to use extra washers.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!