Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Recycled Flowers

Here's My Card for The Paper Players Challenge # 140.   In honour of National Earth Month, the  challenge was to use a recycled or re-purposed item on a project 

I decided to use a picture from a card I had received some time ago.  I pulled out the centre of the card that held the note but kept the main part as I really liked the image. 

Here's the original card: 

And here's the finished project:


I cut the image and the Pacific Point background with the SU Labels Framelits and pierced the blue layer.  I added a few pearls, a bit of Crochet Trim and put the whole thing on an embossed background.  Voila! a whole new card!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful way to repurpose that pretty image! Now, you get to take all the credit. :) Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiz, such a pretty image, I can see why you wanted to recycle it. Great idea to do that with the framelits. The lace ribbon seems perfect with the focal image.
    So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  3. How clever of you to recycle the image from another card. It's beautiful and I love the sweet pearls you added...thank you for joining my recycle challenge this week at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!