Sunday, March 24, 2013

Flower Garden

Here's My Card for The Friday Mashup 102 - Triple Challenge. I've wanted to try this technique of brayering ink onto an embossing folder and this challenge seemed the perfect opportunity.

The challenge also suggested this sketch, and that is what brought me to use the Flower Garden embossing folder; it reminded me of the sketch.  So my card was definitely inspired by the sketch and I also used butterflies and my brayer.

I used Primrose Petals ink on my brayer then coated the embossing folder with ink.  After running through the Big Shot I got this effect.  I matted it on Basic Grey and then added butterflies in Summer Starfruit and Baja Breeze.  A little bit of Dazzling Details, a sentiment from Vintage Verses and a few rhinestones completed the card.






Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. That embossing folder was a great idea! Perfect for the sketch. Thanks so much for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to try this technique still myself.. I love how your flowers came out so pretty! Great use of the sketch. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card! Love the look that you get when you coat the embossing folder with ink. Great take on the challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at the Friday Mashup this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!