Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Silver Evergreen

Here's My Card for the Paper Players Challenge #122.  The Challenge is to use gold or silver on a card.  So this was the perfect inspiration for my own Christmas cards this year.  I used the Stampin' Up set "Evergreen", so that's where the name comes from.

I stamped the tree outline in Whisper White Craft Ink (however it is hard to see in the picture), then stamped the overlay in (retired) Silver ink on Night of Navy cardstock.  The embossing folder is also retired  and called Snowflake. I added a frame of silver glimmer paper to complete the "bling" theme while still keeping it CAS.  The star was lightly coloured with Night of Navy ink refil and a sponge dauber.  A Night of Navy ribbon adds the final touch.  I hope you like it!


4 comments:

  1. Oh this is so elegant!!! Love the embossed background and the pretty shimmer paper! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the navy and silver combination--so elegant and the shimmer paper kicks it up to gorgeous! Thank you for your GD entry and joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous....that glimmer paper mat and your silver star bring out your pretty tree! Thanks SO much for playing with my Paper Players challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sparkly frame around the tree, and the embossed background looks fab! Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!