Tuesday, June 26, 2012

French Script Background

Here's my card with a few variations.  This is a card I've been wanting to try for some time; it is CASE'd from Jeanne Streiff.



I was having trouble deciding on colours for this card so I randomly selected a page from the Colour Coach and it suggested Gumball Green, Melon Mambo and So Saffron.  The background is stamped with French Script, which I think is a predecessor to En Francais.  The flower is from Bordering on Romance, coloured with markers, with an additional flower cut out and added with a glue dot to add some dimension.  The ribbon is Victorian Lace Crochet Trim and the sentiment is from Tiny Tags. I added a little sponging with Sahara Sand to "antique" it a bit.  The flower image and the "hello" are sponged with So Saffron. Mini pearls were added on the flowers.


So after I was finished, I wasn't sure if I liked it so I decided to change a few things, and came up with this slightly different one:


Can you see the difference?  I stamped off the background before I stamped the cardstock so that softened the green a little. This time I painted the flowers using ink and an Aqua Painter.  I also distressed all the edges and added a bit more Sahara Sand sponging than on the original.  I think I like this one better.  Here is a close up on the flower.  


Hope you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!